Here at eco-eco, we recognise that striving towards being environmentally responsible is a big feat whether you are a human or a company made up of humans, and we know that the literature is littered with lots of negative facts which can be daunting. We wanted to let you know that there is some really inspirational and important work going on out there, not all of it gets the attention it deserves. In many ways, as a society we are heading in the right direction, here are some examples…
• Recycled materials can return to the marketplace in as little as 30 days.
• In 2014, the recycling of glass saved enough energy to launch 14 space shuttle missions.
• All newspapers in the United Kingdom at 100% recycled paper.
• Incinerating 10,000 tons of waste creates 1 job, landfilling the same amount creates 6 jobs while recycling the same 10,000 tons creates 36 jobs.
• The single use 5p ‘plastic bag charge’ introduced into the UK economy in October 2015 is expected to realise the following benefits in 10 years: £60 million saved in litter cleaning costs, carbon savings of £13 million, £730 million raised for good causes.
* All of these eco facts listed have been sourced where an original formal source is available, other facts that are unsourced have been collected from the public domain, have been verified and are correct to the best of our knowledge…